Yup. You are 3 minutes away from having a bowl of delicious guacamole sitting in front of you. On your chips. In your taco. On your burger. My kids eat it with a spoon if I let them. Whatever transportation vessel you chose, you need this guac in your mouth. This is the recipe I use when I need guac in a hurry. Like, oh no, I just pulled the nachos out of the oven and forgot to make the guacamole. Not even a problem, man.
3 Minute Guacamole
- 2 ripe avocados
- 1 lime
- 2 tbs salsa of your choice
- 1 tbs sour cream (optional)
- 1 tsp Sriracha (optional)
- Kosher salt to taste
- Slice your avocados in half, removing the pit safely. Cris-cross the insides with your knife and scoop out the chunks with a spoon into a mixing bowl. Mash these up with a fork.
- Add the juice of half the lime, the salsa, and sour cream and sriracha if using. The sour cream adds just a hint of creaminess to the guac and the sriracha gives it a bit of heat. Mix these in. Add a bit of salt to your tastes – yes, taste it as you go! Add more of what you like. I like my guac pretty limey, so I tend to use the entire lime. You do what tastes good.
- That’s it! Consume immediately, or, if you must save some for later, do so in a plastic sandwich bag. Make sure you squeeze out all the air you can- oxidation is what makes guac turn brownish and unappetizing after a short time. This keeps your guac green and fresh for longer 🙂